About our company
The Product Place is the premier end-to-end studio for product-based business creation.We support first-time founders and serial entrepreneurs with end-to-end product-based business creation, business development, and e-commerce order fulfillment. The Product Place is a Woman and Black-Owned business, and we believe that great ideas can change the world – no matter where they come from. We’re on a mission to build the world's most engaging, innovative, and straight-up bad-ass product-based businesses.
The Problem We're Solving
Here at The Product Place we’re on a mission to create some of the world's most exciting new product based businesses, and with that comes a TON of brand identity development. As we scale into new frontiers and our fifth year in business we are looking for the perfect full-time creative to help us bring these visions to life.
This role is extremely heavy in creation and vision. Here is what you’ll be up to day to day:
- Concepting and Creating brand identities from scratch based on new product-based business requirements and scope
- Presenting and refining new brand identity concepts to our clients
- Creating supporting elements to brand identities such as packaging concepts, visual mockups and product necessities like labels or tags, or occasional brand merchandise concepts and mockups (like tee shirt or billboard designs)
- Creating organized Brand Identity Guidelines documents and associated final asset management for hand off.
- Management of The Product Place Dribble and Behance accounts
In this role you can expect to be working on 2-3 brand identity concepts at once, and develop 15-20 new brands per year! This role is perfect for Graphic Designers who are specifically obsessed with ideating and executing brand identity and then moving on to a fresh new world. We often have totally different products running at once. You could build a Matcha brand on Monday, and a new Men’s Denim brand on Friday!
Required and Preferred Skills
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience developing brand identities from scratch
- Experience with product mockups and design of physical product
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design software
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of design and illustration styles and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing design needs and priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field is preferred, but not required
- Experience with product based businesses
- Interest in AI tools such as Midjourney
- Interest in trend, and product based business industry
Candidates who enjoy and have experience creating Ecommerce Website layouts in Figma will be heavily favored ;)
You'll be head honcho in these ways:
We’re looking for an inspired creative who would enjoy setting the trajectory of a new product based business by making meaningful suggestions to brand identity inclusion. This could look like you presenting your vision for the social media presence, or including a billboard design. We’re flexible in what a finished brand identity looks like and you’ll have a lot of ownership in making those visual and logistical decisions.
We think you'll fit right in if:
We think you’ll be a super great fit for this role if creating from scratch is your jam– and you’re totally invigorated when you scroll Behance. Seriously, if you're the graphic designer who constantly wishes they could explore endless brand identity projects, and try all the new trends – we want to meet you!
This would not be a good fit if you’re currently running an independent design studio of your own, But could be a match made in heaven if entrepreneurship is feeling like a drag at the moment and you want to get back to the good stuff! ;) Let’s chat!
How you'll grow with us:
Building innovative product-based businesses is what we do – and that means we’re in the business of delighting the world. You’ll have a massive impact at The Product Place because you’ll be setting the stage for the emotions of each of our projects. You’ll be a vital member of our team and an incredible asset to our clients. We see this candidate, in time, as Director of Art and Identity with a team of graphic designers and subject matter experts like AI technicians, packaging designers, and 3D experts under their wing.